PlasmaToolTipManager with Python

Benjamin Kleiner bizzl.greekdog at web.de
Thu Feb 19 16:37:56 CET 2009

On Thursday, 19. February 2009 11:14:57 Ricardo wrote:
> Thanks...
>
> I did what you said, but now it says this:
>
>   Plasma.ToolTipManager.self().registerWidget(self)
> TypeError: argument 1 of ToolTipManager.registerWidget() has an invalid
> type
>
> and without Plasma.ToolTipManager.self().registerWidget(self)
>
>     Plasma.ToolTipManager.self().setContent(self.toolTipData)
> TypeError: argument 1 of ToolTipManager.setContent() has an invalid type
Well, both registerWidget() and setContent() requires a QGraphicsWidget as first parameter, and neither self nor self.toolTipData are such.
You have to use self.applet (No parentheses, it's a field!) there:
	Plasma.ToolTipManager.self().setContent(self.applet, self.toolTipData)
Sorry I didn't mentioned it earlier, I got myself caught up in multitasking ^^'