4.3 feature plan

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Feb 18 23:21:53 CET 2009

On Wednesday 18 February 2009, 0xDeadC0de wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 12:13 -0700, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Tuesday 17 February 2009, 0xDeadC0de wrote:
> > > The one thing I would like to see more than anything else, finished
> > > floating panel applet and containment that can be embedded into any
> > > plasmoid with a 1 liner.
> > >
> > > layout->addItem(Plasma::Applet::Load("floatpanel")); // for example
> >
> > what is the use case for this?
>
> To have panels inside any widget.  It would be fairly nice to have my
> favorite RSS feed and my favorite comic inside the welcome widget, or
> whatever other widget I wanted inside it.

why do those belong inside the welcome widget?

(extended question: why do those belong inside any other widget?)

i think what we may have are valid use cases for providing structured layouts
or arrangements of widgets, but that doesn't mean it should be done inside
another widget.

humru othro a kohnu se