OpenBrain

Drake Justice hallowname at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 02:33:49 CET 2009

> "I dont know how many rules you added to the brain now but to have a decent
>> coverage you would need _lots_ of them"

indeed, it loads over 1.6 million at the moment in around 1 second. however
after i get the code base complete, im going to set up a webui for users of
openbrain to contribute back to openbrain (via interactive reprogramming of
what it should say and do).

"the brain would give funny
>> answers most of the times"

it does at the moment 1.6 milion is nowhere near enough nodes. im still
gettting it's c++ straightened out.

> "I really doubt apps maintainers will
>> spend time writing trivial AIML rules for dubious user cases"

99.9% wouldn't :P, but some will. lvan from the lancelot project wants to.
why have two aiml parsers tightly integrated with kde?

So I dont think you need to rush, looks like it will be in playground for a
>> loooong time.

I dont want it out of playground, its only in playground so more people
within the kde community can easily access and modify it. there are jaunty
and opensuse packages of openbrain i never wanted to be made. openbrain is
nowhere near usable yet i dont think. but it's close. people like it.

it can respond to people in their own language.
'how do i send email?' 'how do i get online?' 'how do i click?' 'run
firefox' 'echo 9*9 | bc' 'calculate pi' 'start konsole please' 'who is
richard stallman?' 'google science fair' 'wikipedia kde' etc... it's useful.
it's also interwoven with kde, being a plasmoid/widget/runner and answering
to 'give me a calculator' with the execution of 'kcalc' or 'browse the web'
with konqueror (only if xdg returns no set preferred browser)

mixing c++ with aiml can be powerful i think.