OpenBrain

Drake Justice hallowname at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 02:02:54 CET 2009

Hello plasma-devel, my name is Drake Justice (hallowname) and this is my
first post. My plasmoid is OpenBrain the desktop assistant. It's basically
an AIML bot (think chat bot, alice bot, artificial intelligence) that parses
XML (.aiml) files, and can then respond to english input. It now has a
dependency called libopenbrain, which is a shortened, rewrite of librebecca,
which hasn't been coded on in years (and was written in vc++ and didn't
compile properly under linux). My question is: where should libopenbrain go?
inside base/plasma/applets/openbrain ? other apps can utilize libopenbrain
to have their program instantly speak english, with little to no knowledge
of aiml parsing. i want to distribute the 'brain' itself with the
'openbrain' plasmoid regardless of the location of libopenbrain. so
libopenbrain alone would require the implementing app to provide it's own
'brain data'. so openbrain would respond to 'who is lancelot?' with (if
online) a wikipedia article on lancelot, meanwhile the lancelot app runner
(which will get openbrain features) would answer something like 'lancelot is
this plasmoid, it runs programs, and has easy to locate links to your
computer.'

but basically, where should libopenbrain go?

also libopenbrain still has std, boost, and xerces includes, they will be
converted to qt when i get time.
 it uses berkdb43 now to instantly load all the brain data (no more waiting
30-60 seconds for it to load). i didn't really see a better way to do this w
qt. tips?

sorry for the long post. and that openbrain is broken on playground. but i
dont know where to put libopenbrain u see. compiling the tarballs from
kde-apps.org should work though if you want to see it in action.

thanks in advance,
Drake Justice