Open source user experience

Michael Rudolph michael.rudolph at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 13:46:18 CET 2009

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know, that recently there was a thread on the
IxDA mailing list about "open source user experience".
http://www.ixda.org/discuss.php?post=38371
I'm not sure you can read it without being subscribed; and I'm not
sure it is all that interesting anyway :-)

Someone mentioned an online wire-framing tool he is creating, others
complimented the work going on at mozilla labs and even more people
raised concerns over cultural differences between designers and
developers. Nothing new really; we at least scratched the surface of
everything they mentioned here already. But the reason I'm telling you
this is that it seemed like there are quite a few people out there who
are really interested in getting involved with this "movement".

So we could just be happy that everybody likes us (well, besides
ourselves, designers seem to like us :-), but we could also think
about some kind of outreach program, with which we try to bring both
cultures closer together. Basically what the user council does for
users and developers.

Let me know if you approve of such an idea and if you have any
thoughts about it. Now seems to be a good opportunity to get started.

michael