Trunk now depends on Qt 4.5

Richard Moore richmoore44 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 22:46:34 CET 2009

Hi All,

Yes, it's that time again - qt-copy is now Qt 4.5rc1 and will be
tracking the Qt release candidates (plus any urgent fixes). This means
that people should no longer expect trunk to build or work against Qt
4.4, using Qt 4.5 features is both allowed and encouraged - go wild!

Upgrading trunk to use 4.5 means we all need to be extra careful when
backporting fixes to the 4.2 branch - this must remain compatible with
Qt 4.4. So remember, don't just blindly commit to the branch.

Apologies if this notification is a little late, but we can already
see that trunk relies on 4.5 from a functional perspective so we might
as well make it official.

Regards

Rich on behalf of the release team.