Plasma and KWin Integration

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 13:11:17 CET 2009

On February 13, 2009 03:32:03 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Thursday 12 February 2009, Michael Jansen wrote:

> >     a. Same widgets on all virtual desktops
> >     b. Different widgets on all virtual desktops
> >     c. Associating a set of widget with virtual desktops, like widget set
> > a on virtual desktop 1,3,5, widget set b on virtual desktip 2,4,6) would
> > be nice to have.
>
> for now we are limited to either one for all desktops or one per desktop,

one *view* yes - but there were plans to make it safe to set the same activity
on two different views. did that ever get implemented? ...probably not yet.
guess that needs doing then. :) I hope it's not too painful.

> > Activity in the sense i understand it has nothing to do with
> > widgets/virtual desktops. An activity is primarily nothing but some kind
> > of global setting i am able to configure. Like creating an activity
> > "Work", "Private" or "KDE Development".
> >
> > Applications then could allow different configurations associated with
> > the activity.
>
> it's what Plasma::Context is/will be for, an application would just need to
> link to it i suppose...

o rly...
I have some vague feeling this was mentioned before, but don't quite remember
it.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com