DesktopLayout branch

Ambroz Bizjak ambro at b4ever.net
Sun Feb 8 01:27:37 CET 2009

Hi,

I've been working on some improvements to the desktop containment concerning
applet positioning/transformations. I think the code is ready to be merged
into trunk. The branches are in svn under branches/work/plasma-desktoplayout.
I'm also attaching the patches.
Can I merge the code, or does anyone have objections/questions?

To sum up the changes:
- Get rid of the QGraphicsLayout interface from DesktopLayout as it is
unneeded and not designed for we're doing. A layout is suppose to be the only
thing manipulating the children, which is not our case (user actions, applets
resizing themselves).
- Added signals appletTransformedByUsed and appletTransformedItself to
Plasma::Applet. This makes it easier for the layout code to know when applets
are transformed (moved/resized/rotated), and it can even know whether the
change was by the user or the applet itself. Fixes bug 180857. This is needed
for fixing bug 181841.
- Updated the desktop containment to use these signals.
- Added proper handling of applets resizing themselves to DesktopLayout. E.g.
if an applet gets larger, applets on its right that are in the way are pushed
not to overlap.
- Added support for understanding rotations (bug 177152).
- Added emitting of the signals mentioned to some of the applets when they
resize themselves; more are needed.