Review Request: Plasma::Webview

0xDeadC0de roguestar191 at comcast.net
Sun Feb 1 15:44:33 CET 2009

> * properly accept left clicks

A few months ago when i started embedding a qwebview inside a graphics
widget would cause left clicks to be ignored (not getting events
probably)
> * properly accept right clicks

Right clicks did work however
> ditto
>
> * context menu creation
>
> WebView makes the exact same call as QWebView does there. what i don't think
> we're doing is calling updatePositionDependentActions and
> swallowContextMenuEvent, and that might be the difference?
>
> * calls downloadRequested
>
> probably related to the issue above.

That's probably a WAY more efficient idea, I'll test it asap :)

> attached is an untested patch that might help; if you could provide some test
> cases that i could use to test the exact behaviour you're expecting i could
> perhaps even test it. ;) in the meantime, feel free to try the patch.

For left click
 In tests/ there is a small ruby script (at least there should be) that
embeds a webview inside a graphics widget, and left clicks no longer
work, but right clicks do. (I assume they must be forwarded from
graphics events to events like is done in plasma::webview)

For right click:
  In the web browser plasmoid - no right click context, not even the
default copy that copies to clipboard without any extra code, and it'd
be a straightforward ~10 lines of code to add right click-downloading of
files, links, or images with right click contexts working, which I
managed to get working through the other method.

I'll apply the patch to my modified version of webview after reverting
it to see if it works.

Thanks for the input :)

Matthew Adams