Review Request: Plasma::Webview

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Feb 1 15:21:36 CET 2009

On Sunday 01 February 2009, 0xDeadC0de wrote:
> I'd like to request that plasma webview become full on QWebViews instead
> of QWebPages.

proxying a widget when we can paint directly to canvas would be a step
backwards.

let's look at the four issues you describe:

* properly accept left clicks

i don't even know what that means. you'll need to be more specific

* properly accept right clicks

ditto

* context menu creation

WebView makes the exact same call as QWebView does there. what i don't think
we're doing is calling updatePositionDependentActions and
swallowContextMenuEvent, and that might be the difference?

* calls downloadRequested

probably related to the issue above.

attached is an untested patch that might help; if you could provide some test
cases that i could use to test the exact behaviour you're expecting i could
perhaps even test it. ;) in the meantime, feel free to try the patch.

humru othro a kohnu se