Version Number from .desktop

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Feb 1 02:36:30 CET 2009

On Saturday 31 January 2009, David Baron wrote:
> OK, there is a whole pane in the config dialog just for a keyboard shortcut
> that few, as of yet, even use.

all popupapplets along with show desktop and show dashboard do.

> An about box could take another pane or
> share this one :-)

this might make sense, yes.

> There is nothing wrong with having the version available any more than
> having the name and appletName available.

it adds to the API which comes with a cost.

> They can go in an about box, the
> title bar of a dialog box, etc.

we provide an about box, and there is little to no value to it being in a
dialog title.

> And if differing about box versions
> materialize, well, there are different config dialogs around also.

.. which configure different things. we have been standardizing some of the
bits of configure diaogs, however, to ensure consistency where possible.

> Even in windows, there is no absolute conformity.

how is that a justification?

humru othro a kohnu se