t4 wiki page

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Thu Dec 31 13:07:25 CET 2009

On Wednesday 30 December 2009 13:39:14 you wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 December 2009 08:18:32 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> >   On December 29, 2009, Chani wrote:
> > > aaron, do we need more of those filled in or can we email the board
> > > now?
> > >
> > > :)
> >
> > the board should be emailed; i wasn't aware that i was coordinating this,
> > however. if i am, i'll get right on it, however. sebas?
>
> I can do it as well. (Having a slow couple of days, but was actually
> planning to.)
>
> If those with incomplete information (or that aren't on the Wiki yet) could
> fill it in, in particular the expected travel cost column, we can start
> raising funds.
>
> We also need a quote from the hotel, so please also make sure you've filled
> in when you will be there. Will, there's a convenient hotel option I
> recall?

The cheapest option will be the youth hostel (5 mins away) which is 23 or 22
euro/night + hostelling membership which for the german organisation is 12 eur
(<26 years old) or 21 eur if older.

http://www.jugendherberge.de/jh/bayern/nuernberg/preise/03878.shtml.en

The Eurohotel (also 5 minutes away) is quoting me 92 eur/night but I can see
about a group discount
when I'm back in nuernberg.

http://www.azimuthotels.de/page.asp?id=142

http://www.jugendherberge.de/jh/bayern/nuernberg/preise/03878.shtml.en

There are the usual discount hotel chains for about 60 eur/night but which are
a 10-15 minute walk away, and there are many budget non-chain hotels around in
the 35-50 eur/night range depending on how many to a room.

eg www.smilehotel.de (the former SUSE default hotel, but not convenient for
the current office - there must be similar places nearer).

Will