Review Request: big revamp of Device Notifier

Jacopo De Simoi wilderkde at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 23:16:15 CEST 2009

> The "last mounted" tooltip is of questionable usefulness.

I would like very much to get rid of it, also the information it shows is (mostly) redundant and if the applet is not in a panel it looks plain awful.
The last plugged in device is usually the one on top of all the others. There is an exception; if the last plugged device (X) belongs to the same category of some previously plugged in device (Y) AND another device (Z) belonging to another category was plugged in after (Y) but before (X), then the order will be

----
(Z)
---
(X)
(Y)

Imho a tooltip should be shown ONLY if just the icon is visible (i.e. when on the panel) and it could show not only the last plugged devices but a simple list of devices, pretty much what the pager does;
If somebody feels that the last plugged in device should be explicitly marked I believe we can show a sort of "status line" on the bottom of the applet saying: last plugged in device: X, but not more than that
Regards
 --J