Fwd: [Kde-dashboard] Failed 4.4/kdebase-workspace r1013206

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Thu Aug 20 09:34:58 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 19 August 2009 18:23:28 David Faure wrote:
> I got the same error as the one forwarded below, when compiling plasma with
> unit-tests enabled, here.
>
> The problem is that the unittest in common/tests uses header files from
> desktop/, which use generated headers (ui_MousePlugins.h).
> In a clean build, the generated header doesn't exist, and the build fails
> in common.

We had a code drop there because of some GSoC work, I committed a build fix in
r1012817 on tuesday. But indeed I missed the ui file which didn't fix it for
clean builds. Gary Greene just committed r1013492 which should fix that.

> I assume that desktop depends on common anyway, so adding
> dependencies seems a bit tricky. If the unittest needs to link to the lib
> created by desktop/, then even forward-declaring Ui::MousePlugins and
> moving the include to the .cpp won't help. Sounds more like the unittest
> should move to desktop/, if I'm right that desktop depends on common and
> not the other way round?

That's what would look the most sensible to me in the case of the background
test. It mainly uses classes from desktop right now. Alternative would be to
move the relevant parts from desktop to common as I can foresee them being
used in other shells (netbook one for instance).

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."