[nepomuk-kde] Plasma activities and Nepomuk

Hari krishna Anandhan harikrishna.anandhan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 08:36:30 CEST 2009

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 1:09 PM, Marco Martin<notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> there was also the idea of plasmoids changing their contents on
> activity change,that now i suppose would be from activity type
> change... (and the activity name being just a mnrmonic name for the
> user)

Activity name is unique for each activity and activity type is shared
between related activities (as there can be different activities with
the same type). So, I would say that plasmoids might use either
activity name or activity type depending upon the plasmoid's
purpose...

- Listing plasmoids - which just list things specific to the acitvity
- like contacts, resources associated with the activity, would filter
using the activity name
- Communication plasmoids - like Mail, etc would depend upon activity type

We would have to come up with a list of scenarios, plasmoids and their
usage to conclusively answer this ;)

Cheers,
Hari