Review Request: Simplest Image Hosting support for pastebin applet

Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz) morpheuz at openbossa.org
Mon Aug 10 19:15:35 CEST 2009

On Monday 10 August 2009, 14:00 Michal Dutkiewicz wrote:
> By the way, I could try to rewrite this applet from scratch and add for
>  example support for error messages (SIH returns different error messages
>  for example), that could be passed as signal parameter.

Actually rewriting it to support more features is probably not the best way to
go (I've been there once hehe). The correct way should be to separate this and
use the plasma infrastructure (dataengines/services) to have the backends.

Because every time a new pastebin/imagebin server shows up with a new feature
and then we have to update this thing. Also, the way it is now makes it hard to
extend. So, if you want to rewrite, let's start by separating the backend's
code from the frontend. And then this time we can make it work properly :) What
do you think ?

Artur Duque de Souza
openBossa Research Labs
INdT - Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia