[nepomuk-kde] Plasma activities and Nepomuk

Hari krishna Anandhan harikrishna.anandhan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 19:05:06 CEST 2009

Hi Leo,

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Leo Sauermann<leo.sauermann at dfki.de> wrote:
> a completly working implementation with applications on top (such as
> clicked-link history, etc, ...) was done open source complete with
> ontologies and algorithms:
>
> http://usercontext.opendfki.de/
> http://dev.nepomuk.semanticdesktop.org/wiki/UserWorkContext
>
> I think this thread is currently reinventing this.

Leo, the contexts discussed there are more in line with 'Gnome
Zeitgeist', where the actual user operations (called NOPs in nepomuk)
done in individual applications are observed and the user context is
guessed. But, as per what we have agreed earlier, for the first phase
of implementation, we are looking at a more higher-level 'User
Activity' which is explicitly invoked by the user, which just
remembers the apps or applets the user might use to do his specific
activity. I am sure we will cover NOPs at a later phase and use
UserContext onto for it, but for a start, let us just stick to
ActivityContext at a higher level. I think the plasma team is also
thinking in those lines ;)

Cheers,
Hari