how to use the cache-to-disk feature in Wallpaper

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Apr 14 01:11:15 CEST 2009

On Monday 13 April 2009, Benoit Jacob wrote:
> Btw, plasmawallpaperviewer has been very useful for valgrinding my
> wallpaper. I could never valgrind plasma-desktop as it's far too
> heavy.

shortening the round trips between development and testing (and then developer
some more ;), isolation by removing variables (a highly dynamic app like
plasma-desktop can be annoying to debug when you have N different components
doing things at the same time) and reducing the annoyance factor of having to
restart your desktop shell constantly is precisely the goal of all these tools
(plasmoidviewer, plasmaengineexplorer and plasmawallpaperviewer).

we had one coming together for themes as well but it got derailed. it might be
a good time to take another stab at that though.

humru othro a kohnu se