Tool tips - again

Emdek emdeck at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 17:56:04 CEST 2009

Hello

I was thinking about it more and now I'm not sure if there is really big need for signals other than activated(KUrl).
And by the way, where we would need to connect to receive these signals?
I think that by default left clicking on preview could do the same action like clicking on task entry (raise, iconify etc.) and maybe middle click for closing and maybe more thinks (people on kde-look.org were talking about showing window when hovering over, something like in Windows 7 task bar, probably).
Additionally maybe when setting multiple windows to preview there should be title of each under preview (maybe it is already done, I didn't test trunk so far).

When it will be finally decided what and how should be added I could get trunk using tutorial from kdebase (I hope that it could be installed and used in parallel with KDE4 stable without problems) start to working on this (I would like to see it done for 4.3, at least partially).

What do you thing about following:
- add activated(KUrl) signal for description (or more signals like discussed earlier);
- raise, iconify etc. window after left clicking on preview;
- close window on middle click on preview (I'm not sure about this);
- show window when hovering over preview (I'm not sure, but there is KWin highlight window effect, maybe could be used for this, but I don't know how it works);
- change look of frame when hovering (probably needs additional theme element);
- add possibility to set image for previewing (with frame like for windows);
- show titles of windows when showing multiple previews;

And then I could also finally test my patch for clocks context menu (http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/521/).

Best regards
Michał