akonadi dataengine moved to kdereview

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Apr 9 22:39:04 CEST 2009

On Thursday 09 April 2009 22:01:13 David Baron wrote:
> On Thursday 09 April 2009 18:06:42 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > I've just moved the akonadi dataengine into kdereview so we can release
> > it with KDE 4.3 -- if you guys deem it "good enough".
> >
> > Its current functionality includes fetching contacts, emails and
> > microblogging from Akonadi, including monitoring for changes (happens
> > transparantly via setData()).
> >
> > Where should it go? I talked with the PIM people where to put it, they
> > said it would be fine to release it with Plasma. It links to kabc and
> > akonadi, both in pimlibs.
>
> Since I may be one of the few current callers, where can I get this
> version? I will compile it and try it with my applet. It has been a while
> but the last version I tried (mid-February) crashed the engine explorer as
> well as my applet after all the contacts were loaded.

svn+ssh://svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdereview/plasma/dataengines/akonadi

> Also, any release notes about calling sequences (these changed a couple of
> times).

That's pending adding runtime docs to dataEngine. For now, I've implemented
sources(), so we get starting points. Those should give a good idea of what
you can call. But yeah, ultimately, something like KRunner has now would make
sense.

sebas