Mandelbrot, continued (and plasma bug reports)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Apr 8 19:25:27 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 08 April 2009, Benoit Jacob wrote:
> Could you please tell me how to do that cleanly, or add such a method
> in the Wallpaper class?

is would just go into Plasma::Wallpaper, but it feels "dirty"; the Wallpaper
shouldn't care.

> The reason why I need it, is that the 2 instances modify different
> settings: the main instance controls the viewpoint while the other
> instance controls other parameters. So in the save() method I need to
> know which instance it is.

hm... when the Wallpaper is restore()d, doesn't it read in the viewpoint? so
when loaded in the configuration dialog, it should have that setting available
to it. does the viewpoint change when painting on a different sized
boundingRect()?

> 1) the isInitialized() method seems to always return true.

by the time it gets into init(), yes it probably does. this could be easily
reversed so for the first init() isInitialized() is false. in fact, that's
probably a "bug fix" of sorts. i'll commit shortly.

> 2) In Desktop Settings dialog, the "Apply" button is disabled even
> after i have modified Mandelbrot settings

the apply button is quite broken atm, yes.

> 3) In Desktop Settings dialog, the mandelbrot preview is misplaced
> slightly to the top-left, so there are black bands on the bottom and
> right.

does your code assume that boundingRect starts at (0, 0)?

humru othro a kohnu se