Mandelbrot, continued (and plasma bug reports)

Benoit Jacob jacob.benoit.1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 17:01:53 CEST 2009

Hi,

First of all, many thanks to Aaron and Andrew for your help. SVN now
has an updated version taking it into account.

Finally, I found that what I really need is to be able to distinguish
between the "main instance" of the wallpaper, that is the one that is
actually used as desktop background, and the "other instance" of the
wallpaper, that is the one that is displayed in the tiny screen in the
Desktop Settings dialog.

I didn't find anything like a "bool isMainInstance()" method so I
hacked one that just returns true if the number of pixels is < 200000.
Very hackish, but works for me.

Could you please tell me how to do that cleanly, or add such a method
in the Wallpaper class?

The reason why I need it, is that the 2 instances modify different
settings: the main instance controls the viewpoint while the other
instance controls other parameters. So in the save() method I need to
know which instance it is.

While I'm here, here are a few possible bug reports.

1) the isInitialized() method seems to always return true.
2) In Desktop Settings dialog, the "Apply" button is disabled even
after i have modified Mandelbrot settings
3) In Desktop Settings dialog, the mandelbrot preview is misplaced
slightly to the top-left, so there are black bands on the bottom and
right.

Cheers,
Benoit