Review Request: Add a "Windows should cover" option to plasma panels.

Lucas Murray lmurray at undefinedfire.com
Wed Apr 8 17:39:21 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Stefanos Harhalakis <v13 at v13.gr> wrote:
> "Autohide" is good when you don't want the panel to fill your screen, but it is bad when your screen is empty.
> "Windows can cover" is very annoying when for example you only want to see the time, then you have to click back the application that covers the panel and then the application that you were actually using.

Is there any reason why the panel doesn't automatically hide again when in "windows can cover" mode? If there isn't a reason then this new mode can just replace it completely (Keeping the old name) as a bug fix.

As for the "5th option" I added a new mode in 4.3 already called "Windows go below" that always keeps the panel visible while allowing windows to maximize under it without interference. This allows users to have a clock or something always visible in the corner of the screen while their main task manager is hidden to allow them to read the status bar of windows for example (Original use case was to have a thin panel at the top of the screen that only covers the center of the window decoration while keeping the control buttons visible).

--

Lucas Murray :: http://www.undefinedfire.com
GPG Fingerprint: 0B88 499E 3F5B 1405 D952  258A AD90 B4F5 90B6 3534