I would like to contribute to Plasma development

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Apr 8 00:13:08 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 07 April 2009, Luca Bellonda wrote:
> Hi to everyone,
>   I would like to join plasma development.
> In particular, I would like to implement data filtering and handling
> of desktop and application settings per activity (recent documents and
> directories list, instant messaging contacts, mail notifications
> allowed and so on ) to have different environments when using the
> computer for different purposes.

cool; this would mean working in a few locations in the code base (e.g. the
recent documents system is in kdelibs, and would probably need some way to
have things filtered for it?), and it would be great to have someone working
on it.

there's a bit of work to be done first in connecting Plasma::Context up to
Nepomuk properly. that thread in the Nepomuk world kind of trailed off into
uselessness, so we'd have to pick that up again and get store/retrieval of
Plasma::Context in/out of Nepomuk so other apps can coordinate.

more simply: within the plasmoids they could already start listening to
ContextConstraint and altering what they show based on that.

humru othro a kohnu se