Desktop settings dialog ideas

Davide Bettio davide.bettio at kdemail.net
Sat Apr 4 23:26:46 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Saturday 04 April 2009 22:51:54 Emdek wrote:
> First idea, easier to do, is to add back to dialog pages with settings of
> screensaver and power saving (maybe there were also other, I don't
> remember) like in KDE3. This location was logical and they were easier to
> reach in few clicks. This idea is described in wish #185153.

The main advantage of your idea is that users are used to a similar UI so it
might be more usable for users that are already used to Windows or KDE < 4.
On the other hand this paradigm was introduced by microsoft a lot of time ago
and it isn't logical for us. We are just used to it. Plasma team is working
hard to push innovation to the desktop, and breaking with the (broken) past is
part of our evolution.

Bye,
Davide Bettio.