Tool tips ideas

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 00:34:47 CEST 2009

On 4/3/09, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 03 April 2009, Emdek wrote:
>
> > > well, the subtitle can actually be html, so there can be a quite good
>  > > level of
>  > > customization (look at the pager tooltip for instance)
>  >
>  > Yes, I know that, but this helps "only" in making look them very custom (in
>  > sense of appearance), but doesn't help so much in making them behave
>  > different (for example add actions to them, with icons, but maybe someone
>  > would want to add for example more complex widget in own application)...
>

> what are the use cases?
>
>  icons are not a problem. actions could be, but then we could probably quite
>  easily add a way to get notified of link clicks from tooltips or even allow
>  one to send in a list of QActions in ToolTipContent.

and now the question is (and i don't quite have the answer)
do we really want clickable tooltips or tooltips that just behave as
well... tooltips?
(for instance clickable taskbar thumbnails could be handy, but wouuld
augment the annoyment factor since they won't go away when the mouse
leaves the task area)