Adding a margin around the desktop containment

Rob Scheepmaker r.scheepmaker at student.utwente.nl
Thu Apr 2 01:14:09 CEST 2009

> > anyways, I quickly added some struts to the desktop; it basically
> > works but there is a problem : when a popup menu like Kickoff, the
> > menu from grouped tasks in the taskbar or the panel toolbar is showed,
> > it respect the struts and is not attached to the panel anymore...
>
> that would be kwin being helpful and keeping all windows inside the struts.
>
> an "ignore struts" window hint would be nice in this case, and we could
> just set that on all of plasma's popups.

that reminds me, struts and autohide panels don't always get along...
when I plug in a usb drive or something, the device notifier pops up half an
inch below the top of my screen, even though I never unhid the panel. why's it
respecting a strut that doesn't exist?
and when I have grouped tasks and move my mouse into a group, the panel hides
and leaves me with this floating tasklist... well, that one's really just a
taskbar/panel bug, I guess.
I've seen funny things with regular panels and the dashboard, too - ideally we
should ignore all struts when we call up the dashboard.

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com