Weather plasmoid development

Shawn Starr shawn.starr at rogers.com
Mon Sep 22 09:04:21 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 20:05:53 Edwin de Jong wrote:
> Hi everyone, (cross-posting to plasma-devel and kde-artists)
>>
> In the coming days I'll be busy with the weather plasmoid. I already
> overhauled quite a lot of the code, recreated the configuration GUI, made
> it dockable in the panels and the fonts and colours are settable now. It
> even resizes nicely.

Just to update everyone, I have been quite busy this week and have gotten to
the point of making the weather applet in playground usable. Excluding the
configuration dialog which is soon my next thing to destroy. it's original
design goals were to allow multiple cities to view per one applet but this
turned out to be dumb. So the dialog needs to be redesigned now.

The plasmoid does not display icons for the other ion (data sources) yet, but
that will be done this week.

Here's what the current weather plasmoid looks like:
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/6997/weatherhh4.png

This is starting to look like the mockup the Oxygen developers created.

If you'd like to help me, let me know.

Thanks,

Shawn.