power management settings mockup

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Sun Sep 14 13:55:27 CEST 2008

On Sunday 14 September 2008 00:29:20 Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> I like the use of the batter icons, but i dont think we need to label them
> so much.  Maybe a Battery label above the icons, the icons centered with
> the percentages below:
>
> Battery [level? power? anything?]:
>     _    _
>    |||  |||
>    |||  |||
>    80%  100%

Yes, I agree. Note that the two battery case is extremely rare anyways, so we
might simply fallback to it

> I'm not sure a progress bar is the best way to show cpu frequency (if a cpu
> can be throttled).  It doesnt look like you can configure it from here, so
> it is purely informational?  If that is the case, I think a written
> description would be better: High/Full, Mid, Low ... 100% 60% 30% ... or
> whatever.

Yup, I plan to do that. Either with a label on the progressbar or with a
solution similar to the battery. Or just with a label sitting on top of a CPU
icon.

> What are the brown things under performance?  They look like coffee beans
> :) Are they buttons to toggle the current profile?

Yeah, they're actually coffee beans in that mock. :P
And, yeah, as I wrote, those are simply placeholders for the icon of the
profile. ;-)

> I think the icons should match on the brightness meter.  instead of a sun
> it should be a lightbulb.  I think it still needs a label.

Agreed on both, and we need clearer icons for it. For now I simply borrowed,
like for the coffee beans, some icons from the theme

> What does disabling warnings do?  Also, similar to the discussion we had
> with Sebas, that might be better as [X] Show warnings instead of [ ]
> Disable warnings. It should be in sentence case with the first letter
> capitalized

Agreed. Then, I was thinking, as I wrote to a later reply, to change it and
make it enable/disable "Presentation mode" which would do some settings like
turning off the screensaver, warnings, and so on... now that I think of it it
might be needed also for stuff like e.g. seeing a full screen video. Ideas on
that one?

> More should be capitalized

Yes.

Thanks for reviewing... =)