power management settings mockup

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Sun Sep 14 00:08:33 CEST 2008

On Saturday 13 September 2008 16:06:05 Matt Williams wrote:
> On Saturday 13 September 2008 14:36:21 Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:

> > http://files.ruphy.org/rect65593.png
> >
> > If you have any question or want to give me feedback on IRC, I'd be happy
> > to answer them or I'd appreciate to get it.
>
> I still don't like the idea of using a _progress_ bar to display the
> current CPU scaling amount. Wouldn't something like the KCapacityBar [1]
> used in the Dolphin and Konqueror directory property dialogs be more
> appropriate?

There's a Meter in Plasma, which probably fits best. On the other hand, I'm
not so convinced we really want the CPU frequency displayed, it's quite
technical, it's only an indication of the performance level, and it also
doesn't directly map to the power profile.

The reasons why it might be cool:
- check if the CPU really clocks down
- it's kind of cool for geeks

... this makes me think it has no place in a general purpose application like
the one I envision for the battery applet.

What do others think?
--
sebas