Review Request: icon-less popupapplets and popupappletified clock

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 16:46:01 CEST 2008

On Friday 12 September 2008, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 September 2008 21:46:52 Marco Martin wrote:
> > the patch on popupapplet is derived from the aaron's one
> > and the clock uses it
> > thing that i noted: icon() badly clash with Applet::icon() (that's even
> > not virtual) it's really not the same thing, should have a different name
> > perhaps?
>
> I've applied the patch and ported the battery to make use of it.
> Unfortunately, it breaks the battery: its contensRect->size() becomes 0,0.
> I've attached the patch to the battery that causes this behaviour for me,
> maybe I'm doing something wrong ...
hmm, i see, really can't figure out, since other applet don't get broken :(

just two things that don't resolve it, but yah..
subclasses of PopupApplet must call Popupapplet::ConstraintsEvent, in their
implementation, i know: annoying :(
 else {
             setMaximumSize(QWIDGETSIZE_MAX, QWIDGETSIZE_MAX);
        }

at line 129 of battery::constraintevent helps (otherwise battery would break
anyways the day it will be possible to drag applets from panel to desktop)
in this way it's possible to resize it at a sane size, but the initial size is
still 0,0, could be that the applet has an empty layout for a moment after its
creation, but weel, didn't really understood :(

Cheers,
Marco Martin