Review Request: [MOCKUP] Clock: remove "Use local time zone"

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Sep 11 11:15:10 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 10 September 2008 23:12:30 Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:
> Checkboxes are much easier and intuitive for making multiple selections
> than the current selection method.  As it is, theres no way to know you can
> make multiple selections.  Checkboxes provide that "multi" affordance.

There are quite a lot of timezones (both in the "available" list, and possibly
in the "default" list. I can imagine checkboxes next to the KTimeZoneWidget
(the central one listing all timezones), but it would look odd to my (in my
imagination, of course).

Bottom line, one of the lists is very long, the other has dynamic length ...

(Not that the current one doesn't have its share of problems, try to find the
selected timezone items -- you'll end up scrolling the whole list (thought
with this approach, you can see it in the dropdown as well, not intuitive, but
should work ...)
--
sebas