Proposal for a Plasma meeting location (Tokamak III?)

Mario Fux foxman at lugo.ch
Sun Sep 7 12:12:11 CEST 2008

Am Mittwoch, 3. September 2008 23:39 schrieb Riccardo Iaconelli:

Good morning

> On Wednesday 03 September 2008 12:16:21 Mario Fux wrote:
> > I'd like to make you a proposal and offer for the location of a possible
> > next Plasma meeting (Tokamak III?).
>
> Tokamak II ;-)

I tought Tokamak II was at the Akademy 2008...

> Anyways, me too I found another good location in Switzerland near St.
> Moritz where they have all the beds and everything needed in the same
> house, without being pizza makers. :P Not distracting because it's with
> just another house in the same valley, linked very well to public
> transportations, with friendly and free software supportive people there
> full time, and you can easily live without walking away from there
> (including not going to resturants, all the food is already in there) for
> weeks. I already talked with some of you privately about it.
> However I won't continue much because I know that Nuno is organizing it
> too, and I already promised him that I wouldn't have stolen his event this
> year too. ;-)
> Because of his work, he can only attend one meeting at a year, and I think
> it would be valuable to see him both at  Akademy and Tokamak, at least
> once...

IC and understand.

> His main plus for the location are transportations (e.g. for switzerland
> you can't land in milano, because *theoretically* it's near, but you'd have
> to pass first from milano center to get there :P) and a team of guys to
> bring us coffee. :-) I'll let him elaborate forward though, I know that
> he's going to meet the local guys saturday.

I don't understand this section...

> I don't dislike this proposal, just, seeing a very valuable contributor
> like Pinheiro at those two important KDE events IMHO is prioritizing. =)
> (and we can always do it next year at your place, sounds interesting! ;-) )

It's ok for me. Just say me in the next days or weeks (2-3) if I shall begin
to organize or cancel it for 2009 (not sure if I'll do it in 2010 which is to
far away for me but this not meant offending).

> Bye,
> -Riccardo

griits
Mario