Proposal for a Plasma meeting location (Tokamak III?)

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Wed Sep 3 23:39:39 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 03 September 2008 12:16:21 Mario Fux wrote:
> I'd like to make you a proposal and offer for the location of a possible
> next Plasma meeting (Tokamak III?).

Tokamak II ;-)

Anyways, me too I found another good location in Switzerland near St. Moritz
where they have all the beds and everything needed in the same house, without
being pizza makers. :P Not distracting because it's with just another house in
the same valley, linked very well to public transportations, with friendly and
free software supportive people there full time, and you can easily live
without walking away from there (including not going to resturants, all the
food is already in there) for weeks. I already talked with some of you
privately about it.
However I won't continue much because I know that Nuno is organizing it too,
and I already promised him that I wouldn't have stolen his event this year
too. ;-)
Because of his work, he can only attend one meeting at a year, and I think it
would be valuable to see him both at  Akademy and Tokamak, at least once...

His main plus for the location are transportations (e.g. for switzerland you
can't land in milano, because *theoretically* it's near, but you'd have to
pass first from milano center to get there :P) and a team of guys to bring us
coffee. :-) I'll let him elaborate forward though, I know that he's going to
meet the local guys saturday.

I don't dislike this proposal, just, seeing a very valuable contributor like
Pinheiro at those two important KDE events IMHO is prioritizing. =) (and we
can always do it next year at your place, sounds interesting! ;-) )

Bye,
-Riccardo
--
GPG key: