New Mandelbrot wallpaper in playground, triggers some bugs

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Sep 5 05:39:37 CEST 2008

On Thursday 04 September 2008, Benoit Jacob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just committed an initial version of my Mandelbrot wallpaper plugin
> (only 360 LOC) there:

woo hoo! the best part of this is that you manage to find all the annoying
little bugs that hadn't been rooted out yet. thanks for that alone!

> 1) In the Ctrl+F12 "dashboard view" it renders fine without glitches.
> But outside of dashboard, on the actual desktop, there are huge
> repaint glitches (many damaged areas). Perhaps I should add that I
> have desktop effects disabled. But

hm.. i'll take a look right now.

> 2) In the "desktop settings" dialog, the little preview isn't getting
> mouse events.

to be expected: we don't pass them on (it's not being drawn in a containment,
but in a regular QWidget) ... do we really need (or want?) mouse interaction
there?

humru othro a kohnu se