applets descriptions

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Sep 3 17:53:03 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 03 September 2008, Davide Bettio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Il Wednesday 03 September 2008 15:38:50 Aaron J. Seigo ha scritto:
> > * Calculator
>
> [...]
>
> > these all seems good
>
> calculate simple sums... it seems to me: "hey, this calculator is able to
> do only sums".

i meant that these all seem like good examples of widgets that need new
descriptions =P

> > we actually use the term "Widget Dashboard" a few places in the UI
>
> we must pay attention when we use widget, applet and other words because
> they are quite problematic for translators... I heard that italian
> translators had some problems with these words... and also, why we use
> widget and not applet? we use mainly the word applet...

widget is becoming a common term for these little plugin type things; we use
the term in plasma because we support so many different types of them that
"applet", which is really technicaly jargon, doesn't apply.

humru othro a kohnu se