taskbar: onlyGroupWhenFull

Orcan Ogetbil orcanbahri at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 00:09:22 CET 2008

--- On Thu, 10/30/08, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:

> From: Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>
> Subject: Re: taskbar: onlyGroupWhenFull
> To: orcanbahri at yahoo.com, plasma-devel at kde.org

> we make it configurable so we can cater to everyone, we
> pick defaults that
> cater to the largest # of people possible. that means the
> defaults screw some
> people over, but hopefully the smallest # of people
> possible (who can then
> visit the configuration).
I totally agree on the priority of minimizing the number people getting screwed.

> your requests is to screw over a
> larger number of
> people and that's obvious sub-optimal.

however I don't think this is the case for this situation. I may be wrong (won't be the first time).

> how do we know this? an impressive amount of prior research
> done outside of
> kde as well as some done within it. =)

Can you tell how one can participate in this kind of research for KDE? I am a scientist and I think I can contribute to these studies.

I read many studies done by MS or Apple. But often the reliability of such studies done by these companies suffer from lack of hired mathematicians and theoretical physicists*. One can tell this directly from their scientific publications.

Thanks,
Orcan

*Remember the MS' publication that claims the maintenance of Linux is more expensive than Windows in server basis? How reliable do you find their publications?