QuickAccess Plasmoid

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Oct 29 21:20:42 CET 2008

On Wednesday 29 October 2008, Loïc Marteau wrote:
> On 10/29/08, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 29 October 2008 08:11:00 Loïc Marteau wrote:
> >  > You're right, what could we do ?
> >  >
> >  > - ask the author to merge the code with the folderview one in
> >  > horiz/vert form factor (and make it a popupapplet) ?
> >
> > That's the way to go.
> >
> >  > - If he doesn't agree,
> >
> > ... find out why and fix these issues. Having a folderview work well in a
> >  panel is something we definitely want to work well, the devil will be in
> > the details (user interaction and technical bits).
> >
> >  > What do you suggest ?
> >
> >  Making folderview a popupapplet as first step and solving interaction
> > problems from there.
> >
> > --
> >  sebas
>
> So :
>
> 1) Is it ok to contact the author in the name of the "plasma team" to

that's now how it works. just contact the author if you feel like it and
encourage them to get involved.

> work on folderview plasmoid in horz/vert formfactor and ask him to
> request for a kde svn account if necessary ?

sure ..

> 2) About the way to make folderview a popupApplet i think than we
> can't reuse the exacly same widget than in desktop mode. My idea is
> than the virtual Widget() function can send the actual widget when we
> are in desktop mode, and a widget based on the quickAccess one if we
> are in horz/vert form factor. Seems ok to you ?

yes; or even in this case don't use the PopupApplet class at all perhaps and
just do it all "manually" in the applet

> We have to think how
> we can merge the configuration dialog too...

don't; just use the one the folderview already offers.

humru othro a kohnu se