QuickAccess Plasmoid

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Oct 29 17:41:17 CET 2008

On Wednesday 29 October 2008 17:00:28 Loïc Marteau wrote:
> So :
>
> 1) Is it ok to contact the author in the name of the "plasma team" to
> work on folderview plasmoid in horz/vert formfactor and ask him to
> request for a kde svn account if necessary ?

You mean Fredrik Höglund. He probably reads this list but might not have seen
your emails yet. You can also find him on IRC as fredrikh (usually on
#plasma at freenode).

> 2) About the way to make folderview a popupApplet i think than we
> can't reuse the exacly same widget than in desktop mode. My idea is
> than the virtual Widget() function can send the actual widget when we
> are in desktop mode, and a widget based on the quickAccess one if we
> are in horz/vert form factor. Seems ok to you ? We have to think how
> we can merge the configuration dialog too...

Yes, that's possible. Maybe just showing the 'normal' folderview in the popup
is a good first step to explore if it works well.
--
sebas