QuickAccess Plasmoid

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Wed Oct 29 15:07:48 CET 2008

On Wednesday 29 October 2008 08:11:00 Loïc Marteau wrote:
> You're right, what could we do ?
>
> - ask the author to merge the code with the folderview one in horiz/vert
> form factor (and make it a popupapplet) ?

That's the way to go.

> - If he doesn't agree,

... find out why and fix these issues. Having a folderview work well in a
panel is something we definitely want to work well, the devil will be in the
details (user interaction and technical bits).

> or does not have the time,

which is quite likely. In that case, work with him to get this functionality
merged.

> fork

don't fork, that would be admitting that you've lost the battle and given up
on collaboration :)

> and review the
> part of the code than we really are interested in and merge it in
> folderview by ourself ?

... won't happen without maintainer's consent anyway.

> What do you suggest ?

Making folderview a popupapplet as first step and solving interaction problems
from there.
--
sebas