API Review: Tracking down the last beasties

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Oct 29 00:27:26 CET 2008

Le Tuesday 28 October 2008, Marco Martin a écrit :
> seriously tough, the only problem i perhaps see with webview is that it
> would suggest that as the other widgets is a proxywidget of QWebView, that
> is not since it uses directly QWebPage, so nativeWidget() will never return
> anything meaningful..

That's not a big issue IMO since the target users for our API will probably
never use nativeWidget() anyway.

My idea is more that QWebView is a view you can use for a QWebPage,
Plasma::WebView is another.

> perhaps we could call it WebPage or WebPageWidget or something like this

WebPage would be even more confusing IMO, because then you have a setPage()
method which takes a QWebPage as argument.

WebPageWidget would not be confusing, it just lacks accuracy IMO. "Widget" is
kind of generic while here it's clearly a view onto something. Also it's kind
of long for no real extra information.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."