API Review: Tracking down the last beasties

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 13:56:19 CET 2008

On Tuesday 28 October 2008, Dan Meltzer wrote:
> 2008/10/28 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> > On Monday 27 October 2008, Kevin Ottens wrote:
> >> Hello all,
> >
> > i'm fine with all those changes. the most dubious imho is WebContent ->
> > WebView, which must mean it's pretty good. i do prefer WebContent since
> > that's, well, what it is. it would be like calling Plasma::Label a
> > Plasma::TextView ;)
>
> The issue I see with WebContent is that it's not particularly English.
>  What exactly does one do with a WebContent?  Is it responsible for
> displaying the web or for storing it?  It doesn't provide any hints
> that it is view, and so use is ambiguous until one looks up the docs.

Plasma::InterTubator? :p

seriously tough, the only problem i perhaps see with webview is that it would
suggest that as the other widgets is a proxywidget of QWebView, that is not
since it uses directly QWebPage, so nativeWidget() will never return anything
meaningful..
perhaps we could call it WebPage or WebPageWidget or something like this

Cheers,
Marco Martin