tasks painting semplification

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 19:23:17 CET 2008

On Monday 27 October 2008, Chani wrote:
> > however still speaking of the taskbar but on a totally different area:
> > there are some issues i don't really know how and where to fix them since

> > don't know very well the libtaskmanager code: the issue of show only
> > minimized tasks we talked briefly on irc yesterday (sorry, didn't have
> > much time :) it seems that if the task applet starts with windows already
> > loaded the show only minimized behaves correctly but not for windows that
>
> starts
>
> > after the taskbar is loaded, so perhaps is something that has to do with
> > starting tasks? they shouldn't be listed at all when this option is on i
> > guess
>
> that would be part of it: when a new task comes along the code that adds it
> to the taskbar should check the minimized status (as well as any other
> options that might make it not show). but how many windows *start*
> minimised?
> are you saying that if I add a taskbar, then open a window, then minimise
> that window it still shows?  then I'd look into how the existing minimize
> code works - does it hook up signals&slots that aren't getting hooked up
> for new windows?
some examples of the behaviour:
start a new program, its icon will be shown in the taskbar, minimize and
restore and its icon will be gone
if you make just show tasks of the current desktop and start a program that
incorrectly shows up in the taskbar switching desktop back and forth the entry
will disappear

but really didn't spend much time looking at the why :)