tasks painting semplification

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 18:05:20 CET 2008

> however still speaking of the taskbar but on a totally different area:
> there are some issues i don't really know how and where to fix them since
> don't know very well the libtaskmanager code: the issue of show only
> minimized tasks we talked briefly on irc yesterday (sorry, didn't have much
> time :) it seems that if the task applet starts with windows already loaded
> the show only minimized behaves correctly but not for windows that
starts
> after the taskbar is loaded, so perhaps is something that has to do with
> starting tasks? they shouldn't be listed at all when this option is on i
> guess

that would be part of it: when a new task comes along the code that adds it
to the taskbar should check the minimized status (as well as any other
options that might make it not show). but how many windows *start*
minimised?
are you saying that if I add a taskbar, then open a window, then minimise
that window it still shows?  then I'd look into how the existing minimize code
works - does it hook up signals&slots that aren't getting hooked up for new
windows?

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com