Qt 4.5.0 tp1 and Plasma

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Oct 23 20:33:45 CEST 2008

On Thursday 23 October 2008, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> Hello,
> I installed Qt 4.5.0 yesterday, here there are some issues I already found
> out.
> So, here we have a list (without marble...)
>
> * Panel painting is...weird. (see screenshot) The borders are drawn, the
> space between applets is, under... it's not. The applet themselves can
> kinda paint themselves, although some similar issue appears in the painting
> of the tasks applet (of kdebase). Look at the MSN kopete window beginning
> for 'nuno' (fourth from left), which is requesting attention, they seem to
> paint but only if there's no other item on top of it, or something like
> that...
> That's with compositing, without, everything works.

sounds like a !plasma issue; if it works without compositing, then it's
painting correctly.

what may have changed are the painting paths within QGraphicsView which may be
exposing fun new bugs in drivers. what graphics driver are you using?

> * No applet handle on the desktop. (that doesn't need much description. ;-)
> ). You put your mouse on it... and simply nothing happens.

that's disconcerting. could you pop some debug output into
Containment::sceneEventFilter and see what's going on there? e.g. does it get
to the point where it creates the AppletHandle at all?

(i'm assuming this is broken without compositing turned on as well?)

> * Frames are a bit fucked up, with most (all?) themes... I think is the
> same problem as #1. Sshot #2 with oxygen.

including "it works if i'm not using compositing"?

humru othro a kohnu se