Plasma::Svg and performance

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Oct 16 15:59:49 CEST 2008

On Thursday 16 October 2008, Marco Martin wrote:
> uhm, i think it's right at least how findInRectsCache work, because right
> now it returns false only when we are sure the element does not exist, so
> when is true and the rect not valid is still to be checked...
> i know it's not intuitive, but don't know how to make it more intuitive, we

yeah, that is a bit unintuitive. findInRectsCache should return whether or not
it was found in the cache, not whether or not it is invalid. returning a
QRect() would probably be a better way to note that it's invalid. sth like:

ret val		rect			meaning
false			QRect()		not in cache, should be looked up in the Svg
true			QRect()		in cache, invalid element
true			QRect(...)		in cache, valid element

humru othro a kohnu se