Desktop Theme Details kcm in kdereview

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sat Oct 11 21:10:45 CEST 2008

On Saturday 11 October 2008, Jamboarder wrote:
> Converted this to a kcm as suggested.  Allows user to change individual

cool; is it in playground?

> Export theme button doesn't do anything yet, but most of the code is in
> place.  A DBUS interface to directly change the theme would be nice, but
> I'm content to leave this as is until/if that becomes available.

we need both a dbus interface for this in both plasma and krunner so that a
change in one will end up being reflected in the other.

it's probably enough to allow changing the theme in plasma, and then either
have plasma contact krunner directly or emit a d-bus signal chich krunner
listens to.

> The attached diff is a one line patch for
> workspace/plasma/shells/desktop/backgrounddialog.cpp to refresh the theme
> selection droplist in Desktop Settings each time the dialog is opened.
> This is necessary to show the customized theme created by the kcm.  Let me
> know if it's ok and I'll commit this patch.

patch is fine ...

humru othro a kohnu se