Desktop Theme Details kcm in kdereview

Jamboarder jamboarder at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 11 09:25:22 CEST 2008

Converted this to a kcm as suggested.  Allows user to change individual theme items, save and remove themes.  It's placed under Advanced User Settings.  Theme items are now read from a file so they can be added or removed without changing code.

Export theme button doesn't do anything yet, but most of the code is in place.  A DBUS interface to directly change the theme would be nice, but I'm content to leave this as is until/if that becomes available.

The attached diff is a one line patch for workspace/plasma/shells/desktop/backgrounddialog.cpp to refresh the theme selection droplist in Desktop Settings each time the dialog is opened.  This is necessary to show the customized theme created by the kcm.  Let me know if it's ok and I'll commit this patch.

Hopefully this'll be useful and can find a home in kdebase/workspace/plasma/tools.

Respect,
Andrew (Jamboarder) Lake