Extender theming issues.

Rob Scheepmaker r.scheepmaker at student.utwente.nl
Thu Oct 9 22:37:57 CEST 2008

On Thursday 09 October 2008 21:28:32 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> well, yes. but it doesn't manage the extender itself.
> PopupApplet::graphicsWidget() returns the extender on behalf of the Battery
> applet.
>
> therefore, the place to manage that use case is inside of PopoupApplet
> itself as well. if we're just putting the Extender into a Dialog, then the
> PopopApplet should lay out the dialog properly to accomodate the Extender.
>
> what i'm looking for are examples of Applets that manage the Extender (not
> the Extender's contents!) themseves.

I don't believe they exist at the moment, I think all applets that use an
extender are currently popupApplets (or the internal extender applet), so
popupapplet could handle setting the correct margins etc. I agree that that
would probably be sufficient (at least for a while).
That still keeps the question on how to approach setting the correct margins
in PopupApplet when the extender is displayed inside the applet. The margins
contained in the panelSvg leave a gap between the borders of the extenderItem
and the border of the applet background, setting the margin to 0 makes the
borders of the extenderItem stick out of the applet border. Either way, the
extenderItem's background doesn't align with applet background properly. So
should we add 4 elements to the applet background to indicate the correct
margins for using extenders? Even PopupApplet needs to get this information
from somewhere.