Extender theming issues.

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Oct 9 21:28:32 CEST 2008

On Thursday 09 October 2008, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > is the battery doing it's own layout there, or is it just relying on
> > PopupApplet to be doing the right thing?
>
> Battery puts a QGridLayout inside the extender.

well, yes. but it doesn't manage the extender itself.
PopupApplet::graphicsWidget() returns the extender on behalf of the Battery
applet.

therefore, the place to manage that use case is inside of PopoupApplet itself
as well. if we're just putting the Extender into a Dialog, then the
PopopApplet should lay out the dialog properly to accomodate the Extender.

what i'm looking for are examples of Applets that manage the Extender (not the
Extender's contents!) themseves.

humru othro a kohnu se